On Leash basic dog training is just as important as teaching your dog to sit, come, and stay. It allows you to take your dog out in public knowing that you can keep them under control in the presence of other dogs.
At On-Leash basic dog training, you’ll be able to come home, greet your dog calmly, take them for a relaxed walk and have them to listen the first time so that they’ll understand what you want from them. Your dog will learn basic obedience with on-leash basic dog training.
Your dog will learn:
- Heeling – By on leash basic dog training, your dog will be along your left side & will sit automatically when you stop. This is used when walking in a store or a busy street.
- Loose Leash Walking- Dog will be able to walk with you on leash not pulling. This is used when letting your dog go potty or unstructured walk in the woods.
- Release Command- Lets your dog know when its their free time and not be focused on you.
- Down and Stay- Your dog will lie down on command and hold their position until released.
- Sit and Stay- Your dog will sit & stay until its released.
- Come/ Recall (off-leash)- Your dog will return to you, from a distance of 50 feet, and sit.
- Mark Command- Your dog will go to the designated are and stay until its released.
- Bed Command- Your dog will enter into their crate.
- Physical Conditioning- Your dog will be trained to run on a treadmill so during the cold months they will get their needed exercise while inside your home.
- Pack Socialization- Your dog will be able to play and socialize with their playmates in between training sessions.
- Field Trips- Visits to various public settings to perform proof training around higher levels of distraction while conditioning your canine to perform in various situations and scenarios. Great for dogs in need of environmental desensitization or impulse control.
- Threshold Control- Control when exiting or entering doorways and/or vehicles
- Obstacle/Agility Course: For confidence building and adding to the level of control.
- Behavior Modification: Address minor issues of dog/people reactivity, minor/moderate anxiety, minor/moderate nervousness, general unwanted behavior.
We offer On-Leash basic dog training and obedience as Private 1 on 1 lessons or Board & Train program options.
With Private Lessons you get private undivided, individual instruction for you and your dog from a professional on leash dog trainer on how-to train your dog to walk nicely on leash for starters so that your on leash dog doesn’t pull you in public.
This rewarding 1-on-1 basic obedience dog training program gives you the skills needed to develop your dog weekly so that your dog will be obedient and easy to live without off leash as well. The advantage to this program is that you will be building a stronger bond with your dog sooner than with other programs.
We also offer basic on leash dog training as a wonderful Board & Train program. The big advantage with this basic dog training program is that a professional on leash dog trainer will do all the hard work in the 1st stage of the dog training phase so that when you are taught how to maintain their behavior it will be easy to transfer leadership back to you.
Board & Train is best for a client who is busy or unsure how to train and wants to help with a jump start.
On leash basic dog training is one of the most important things you can do for your dog’s physical and mental health. So if you searched for “training for dogs near me” you have found us and we are your best choice.